If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
Gilman IH Cattle Co. Steer Calves
120 Head Black Angus, few Red at 490 Lbs, Deliver Dec 1 to Dec 5
- Starting Bid: $166.00
- 0 Bid(s)
- 713 Page Views
The Gilman cows are bred for functionality to fit their program grazing on mountain pastures. They can graze year round with minimal inputs (i.e. no hay) and maintain good condition.
Our cattle are a tool that works for us to increase our pasture health which in turn gives us healthy, good quality cattle. Calves are born in a 50 day window from May 15 to July 5.
We select for sires that have muscle that carries well throughout their frame and good depth and capacity. They are durable and can graze year around while maintaining good condition. Mostly Pharo Cattle Co. and Indreland Angus. These bulls are grown with as few inputs as possible in tougher environments than ours, which ensures they will perform well for us especially during our breeding season. They also have genetics that perform well for grazing cattle, which is what we raise, with good depth of body while having medium size frames.
We believe pasture health and cow health are related. Pastures are closely monitored to keep good quality grass in front of the cows and to keep pastures as healthy, weed free, and growing rapidly as possible. We also keep mineral and/or salt available to them as much as possible. 60%+ home raised cows but have had to buy some cows for expansion.
- Representative and Contact Number Scott Robbie 406.855.0534 / Josh Becker 406.498.3201
- Kind and Sex Steer Calves
- Approx Head Count 120
- Base Weight 490
- Breeds or Color Percentages Black Angus, few Red
- Vaccinations Vista Once and Vision 7 with Spur at Branding then Vista Once and Vision 7 Somnus with Spur no later than 2 weeks before delivery
- Origin Home-Raised
- Feed Program On the cow, Grazing on Native Dryland Pasture
- Location Alder, MT 200 miles West of Billings, MT
- Weighing Conditions Am Gather, Sort from Cows, weigh with 2% Shrink
- Lot # 9207
- System ID # 231453
- End Date
- Start Date
- 713 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.