If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
Feeder Cattle Price Calculator
Estimated Sales Price:$ per cwt
Like this Price? Market Your Cattle with ConneXion!
The Perfect Solution for Producers to Market Cattle for the Best Price without the Stress & Risk of selling at auction!
"Unfortunately, most cattle producers don't 'Market' their cattle. Instead they simply 'sell' them off at the most convenient outlet at the most convenient time. As a result, they are Price Takers." -University of Georgia Ag Extension
There's a new opportunity to innovate your marketing program...
"Marketing means making choices about how or what product to produce, where to market it and when to price. As a result, marketers have more control over the price they receive." -University of Georgia Ag Extension
Marketing with Connexion
How It Works:
You get the personal relationship of a local buyer with the marketing power & financial security of a national company. Here's how we work for you...
- Get a Free Market Valuation.
- Contact a ConneXion Broker or Fill out one of the forms above so we can start a FREE Market Evaluation of what your cattle are worth. A Broker will work on an estimated price valuation and talk about a strategy for you.
- Consign with Connexion
- If you decide to consign your cattle with ConneXion, the Broker will set up a time to come video the cattle and get any other final information we need to sell them effectively and advertise to buyers across the nation.
- Set Contract Terms
- You pick the weight, price and ship date, and we’ll build a listing with your information. Then, give us 30 days to sell them! Average Time on Market is about 10 days but, it rarely takes us 30 days to sell anything. It just depends on the market, price and finding the right buyer for your cattle! We bring the offers to you and negotiate on your behalf!
- Sell Your Cattle
- When the Cattle are Sold, our brokers will set up shipping dates, truckinng and organize buyer and payment information. There’s only a 2% Commission on the Sale of Feeder Cattle, 3% on Breeding Stock, We only get paid when we get a deal done for you!
- Ship the Cattle & Get Paid
- Brokers will be present on shipping day to make sure all contract specifications are met. Payment is Guaranteed thru a Third party Escrow Company and will be wired via Guaranteed Escrow account. Buyers have to have the money in Escrow before your cattle ship
Livestock SOLD: 66,293 Head
Escrow Transactions: $50,555,407
Avg Users: 4,989 Users per Month
It's Not about What you Say, it's about What you Do...
Don't just take our word for it. Listen to what other sellers have to say about ConneXion.
I have worked with Boe & Scott Robbie for the past several years now and really enjoy the professionalism and attitude of putting IX Ranch Co first. Boe has taken the time to come to the ranch and really understand what our operation is about. He not only videos my cattle, he stays on top of the cattle markets and how they affect my marketing goals and objectives. He assists in sorting my calves into weight classes and spends a lot of time looking over performance and profitability data to determine the best sale weight and time. In addition the ConneXion payment platform is rock solid. In a time when markets are volatile and the value of cattle is so high, it is nice knowing that the money is good and in the bank.Rich Roth - IX Ranch Co.
The year has been pretty tough on us in agriculture. Hail, fire, untimely moisture (I just can't bring myself to cuss it) and probably foremost, tanking markets. It's been pretty easy to complain and be negative, I'm as guilty as anyone. I gotta tell you though, there's too many good things in this life to not find the positive and that's what I'd like to pass on today. We had a group of short term cows and culls. We decided that going to the sale barn just wasn't in our best interest. We called our friends at ConneXion for advice. I say friends because first and foremost, that's what they are. They are always willing to discuss options and strategy for your marketing. We decided to put those cows on their video auction at a reasonable price that still beat the sale barn(I want to add that we use the sale barn frequently and this is in no way a repudiation of it). Long story short and after Mr Robbie made a special trip out here to discuss options and see these cows with his own eyes, we got them sold at a price we could live with and they're going to a home that I believe they will have an opportunity to perform for.In conclusion, if you're looking to market any group of cattle, call ConneXion. Give them a chance to earn your business. You'll be impressed by their attitude and willingness to work for you. I promise you!Toby Abel - Abel Ranch
I have both sold and purchased cattle through Connexion Livestock and found it to be one of the most stress free, straightforward and easiest ways to trade. Boe has been great to deal with and I would recommend them to anyone.Billy Whitehurst - Makale Livestock
Working with ConneXion has been great. They take the stress out of selling livestock. They are upfront and honest.Bryan & Chelsea Phipps - Phipps Ranch
We have worked with Scott for several years now. He has always done his best to market our cattle. Scott is a very honorable person to have around.Sarah Nash - Nash Land & Livestock
ConneXion is the best way a rancher can market their cattle. They work hard to get you the best prices and rep your cattle to buyers across the US and Canada! Fetching our operation some of the best prices in the market with less commission helps our bottom line. We look forward every year to marketing our cattle with Boe & Scott!Clayton Malson - SE Investments
This year we marketed 2,900 calves through ConneXion. Their knowledge of the market and their wide range of contacts in the industry allowed us to successfully market the cattle that we had for sale for a good price. Boe and Scott are good people and are a pleasure to work with.Hank Willemsma - Matador Cattle Company
I have been marketing calves with the ConneXion for a number of years. They have been very innovative in ways to market cattle. You can use their online show list, or the online auction where you set the price. This price can be adjusted as warranted based on the market trend. I feel more involved with the marketing of my calves with either of these methods. The Robbies have always been very professional and courteous to work with. They watch the markets closely and are able to advise you on where they think the markets are heading. This is beneficial when it comes time to make your marketing decisions. I have also worked with them to purchase cattle. They were able to find just what I was looking for. I highly recommend Connexion Livestock for your livestock marketing decisions.Bruce Neuman - Neuman Charolais
ConneXion Livestock has been valuable to us as both a buyer and a seller. The reasons I continue to use their services, is Scott and Boe actively market cattle and when we are ready to buy or sell we have always gotten desired results. Their whole process from the show list and timed auctions to the security of escrow is a low-stress way to get business done. The good relationships they have built in the industry are apparent every time we have shipped or received cattle, and, because of that, I feel our dealings have always been fair, represented, and well taken care of and is why I recommend ConneXion Livestock.Charlie Gilman - Gilman IH Cattle
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? We can answer them! There's probably more information here than you care to know but we are completely open and transparent about the way we do business.
Sales Information -
- FREE to get an evaluation of what your cattle are worth in the Current Market
- FREE to have a professional come out and video your cattle
- FREE to be Listed on the Show List
- 2% Commission on the Sale of Feeder Cattle and 3% on Breeding Stock. We only get paid when we get a deal done for you!
- A real quality look at your cattle with professional video and pictures
- Outline all the work and dedication you put in to your nutrition and vaccination programs
- Give them the confidence through your genetic programs and goals for producing a quality, uniform herd with performance
Wouldn't they pay you the best price possible for your them?
About ConneXion -
With ConneXion, we help you do the 3 most important things that help you to get the best price!
1. REPRESENT the cattle accurately & properly to give confidence to buyers now and in the future!
Give the most accurate information possible about your management, genetics, health, and nutrition program! This information helps buyers to know exactly what they are getting!
With ConneXion, you get a Full Web Page with Descriptions, Write-ups, Documents, Photos and Video, dedicated to only your cattle. Better than a 3x3" Square in a 100 page catalog right?
If possible, include any historical data about past delivery weights, past feedlot performance, finishing weights and carcass quality if available. This important data gives buyers a better idea of how the cattle will perform so they can more accurately forecast costs, opportunities and revenue! Also, Don't forget to get a Test Weight! It's well worth your time and effort!
- Quality Video! - We can't stress enough how important quality video is to give buyers a real-life look at what they are buying. This is the only physical representation they will get before the cattle arrive. If you ca provide as many pictures as you can, that will go a long way!
2. EXPOSE the value of your program to the right kind of buyers who value quality!
- Calling 3 or 4 cattle buyers and trying create competition barely ever works. It's an auction with only 3 or 4 buyers bidding you less!
ConneXion will actively Market your cattle online to thousands of potential buyers who value quality! Through targeted marketing across multiple platforms, we will reach the right buyer for you!
Our world class Buyer base has buyers registered from 29 states and most of them across the heart of the cattle feeding region, and we get new buyers signing up every month!
- Reaching Big Commercial feedlots isn't enough to create competition either. Commercial yards are only looking for cattle of an average quality UNDER a certain price. It's all about volume. That's why big commercial yards like the big videos, there is a certain standard of quality and they can get lots of cattle bought under their price limit all in one shot.
3. Make it Easy for Buyers to COMPETE for your cattle!
If Buyers have to filter through 100 pages of a catalog, somehow pick yours out of 100,000 head and happen to catch the two minutes that you're on the block, is that really the best for you?
With Either the "Show List" or "Online Auction" Marketing Options, ConneXion makes it easy for buyers to view and purchase your cattle online!
- If you work with a country order buyer, how many feeders will they contact about your cattle? 10? 20? Actually, it may only be 4 or 5. Then, they probably won't make them bid against each other.
Your cattle will be listed until we can get a deal done for you. Our Show List is marketed weekly to THOUSANDS of feeders and buyers across the United States. No one can market your cattle better! Better than hoping everyone is watching your 2 minutes of Glory on the Auction Block right?
- Cattle Feeders with capacities ranging from 60 head to 100,000 head!
- Our Primary Feeder Buyers are from Family Farms & Feeding Operations across ND, SD, CO, MN, IA, NE, KS
- Yearling Buyers and Grazing Programs also span across ID, MT, WA, CA, WY
- Cow/Calf Ranches of all sizes, programs and calving seasons!
You don't have to produce the cattle to fit the market, you can produce cattle that fit your program and we find the buyers! We can find the buyers for any class or program!
- Show List - Negotiated Marketing
- Online Auctions - Price Discovery
- Special Sales - Herd Dispersion Sales Special for a Single Seller
All Livestock Sales through ConneXion are transacted through an Escrow Trust Account. An Escrow Account is a regulated account to protect two parties during high dollar transactions.
ConneXion has a fiduciary responsibility and is non-partial third party who acts with the interest of both buyers and sellers in mind to make sure both parties and the complex sales arrangements are satisfied.
Here's How Payments Work:
- Upon successful Purchase/Winning Bid for Livestock, $100 per head partial payment is due from Buyer. ConneXion will pay $90 per head to the Seller as down payment and hold $10 per head as deposit on commission.
- Prior to shipping day, the Buyer must pay 100% of Gross Contract amount less Down Payment into the Escrow Trust.
- Sellers are notified by the Escrow Bank that funds are deposited.
- ConneXion Representative and Seller will weigh, sort and slide the cattle like any other delivery according to contract terms.
- Cattle will ship to the Buyer. Buyer has a 24 hour inspection period from the time the cattle ship to ensure the cattle are as represented. Upon approval from Buyer, exact sale proceeds will be wired to seller's account.
ConneXion's Online Platform is revolutionizing the way cattlemen buy and sell livestock. Our Escrow Trust offers a 100% Guarantee of payment like no other marketing company in the nation can match!
By Wiring the funds directly to the seller, the payment is more secure and funds are available to the seller faster than a check. Personal and Certified Checks are becoming obsolete in commerce because of the rampant fraud across the country. Most banks will not even accept a certified check anymore because of the increased risk of fraud.