If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
Tomahawk Ranch Steer Calves
220 Head 100% Black Angus at 575 Lbs, Deliver October 17-21
- Sold Winning Bid: $146.00
- 1 Bid(s) View Bid History
- High Bidder: Colton, SD
- 1427 Page Views
The Tomahawk Ranch is a reputation operation with high quality calves. Born in Early March to Late April and giving us a big sort from 290 head will make these calves very even. We're excited to showcase them in this exchange! Sarah does a great job in management of the cow herd and genetic selection. This set of calves make a very fancy set of yearlings if you decide to go to grass.
Our cows fit their environment and excel at raising their calves. I buy bulls that have been raised in a program running out and making a living. I choose not to buy corn fed bulls and look for foraged raised bulls that will excel during breeding season. We look for good confirmation, High-growth EPD’s, disposition from Primarily Fairview Angus and Indreland angus.
The 100% Home-raised cows are fed high quality hay during winter months until turn out onto native spring pasture, then up to great feed in the mountains for summer, and back home to regrowth hay fields and creek bottom pasture as long as available. They are given loose mineral with biomoss and salt blocks their entire lives. Born Early March to Late April. No Frozen ears will be brought to the scale. The calves always have access to the salt and mineral as well.
- Representative and Contact Number Josh Becker 406.498.3201 / Scott Robbie 406.855.0534
- Kind and Sex Steer Calves
- Approx Head Count 220
- Base Weight 575
- Breeds or Color Percentages 100% Black Angus, few BWF
- Weighing Conditions AM Gather, sort, haul on Buyer's Trucks to Scale, weigh on the ground straight.
- Vaccinations Spring Shots Only: Birth- multimin shot, 8-way. Branding- 8-way, Virashield6+som, OncePMH nasal.
- Origin Home-Raised
- Feed Program On the cow, Grazing on mountain pastures
- Location 16 miles north of Whitehall MT; 200 miles W of Billings
- Lot # 017
- System ID # 233403
- End Date
- Start Date
- 1427 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.