Cardwell, MT - Steer Calves
90 Hd 100% Blk few BWF at 650 Lbs, Deliver approx Nov 1
- Sold Winning Bid: $149.50
- 11 Bid(s) View Bid History
- High Bidder: sibley, IA
- 527 Page Views
Our goals from the beginning have been to focus on fertility, longevity, mothering ability, and calf vigor. Cows must have a good disposition and mother their calves. Calves must get up and suck on their own or they are castrated. Free-Choice Salt & Mineral Program. 100% Home-raised Cow Herd. Few of the registered Angus calves are a blue-roan but speaking from our own experience still get a CAB premium.
We are currently testing our yearling bulls for feed efficiency and do try to improve performance traits, but are very cautious of sacrificing our basic function, maternal traits. We have always tried to raise the most functional and profitable cattle possible whether through AI or bull selection. We have found that the most profitable cattle have not always been the most popular or the ones with the best EPDs.
Uniform Calves in the top tier cattle for marbling and CAB.
97% Choice +, 70%+ CAB
5% or Less have Frozen Ears, will accept $100 discount on these cattle.
No Frozen ears will be brought to the scale.
- Representative and Contact Number Scott Robbie - 406.855.0534
- Kind and Sex Steer Calves
- Approx Head Count 90
- Base Weight 650
- Breeds or Color Percentages 100% Back Angus BWF, few Blk/Roan
- Weight Variance Uneven (+/-15%-20%)
- Frame Size Medium - Estimated Finish 1325-1375 lbs
- Flesh Condition Medium
- Vaccinations Spring Shots & Fall Pre-Weaning Shots : Vision 7 & Pyramid 5 PreSponse ; Vision 7 Somnus & Pyramid 5 PreSponse ;
- Origin Home-Raised
- Feed Program On the cow,Grazing on regrowth hay meadows.
- Location Jefferson Vet Clinic at Cardwell, MT
- Weighing Conditions AM Gather, sort from cows, Haul 7 miles, Weigh on the ground with straight
- Feature Reputation
- Lot # 8
- System ID # 435701
- End Date
- Start Date
- 527 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.