Wilsall, MT - Steer Calves
85 Hd 90% Red Angus 10% Black Angus at 610 Lbs, Deliver Oct 22
- Sold Winning Bid: $140.50
- 2 Bid(s) View Bid History
- High Bidder: Billings, MT
- 549 Page Views
The Four-Suns Ranch is a beautiful Mountain Ranch in South Central Montana with powerful mountain grasses. We strive for strong maternal breeding, raising highly efficient cattle that never receive any supplements outside of what we can grow on the ranch. This helps our feed conversion rates to be very good. When you breed for top quality maternal traits, the terminal traits excel as well.
Sires are from TJS Red Angus, and 5L Red Angus. Both producers strive to have efficient, highly maternal cattle that have good feet, udders, and put pounds on calves while on pasture. When we select sires, we look for conformation first. We find the deepest, longest, widest bulls that have impressive scrotal circumference, then look at his EPD's to see if they match what we want there.
To ensure a good nutrition program, we strive to keep them on good pasture with plenty of grass and water. In the winter and spring the cows are feed hay, that is produced on the ranch. Our cows never get below a 5 body condition score. The steer calves got synovec at branding, just to improve weaning weights. The Cow herd is a high percentage Registered Red Angus herd by 5L Red Angus, few are commercial but all one set of genetics. Cows had a little longer calving period than what we would shoot for on a normal year so calves will be a bit up and down but all very closely related genotypes. Few Nipped ears, none greater than 50% Froze off.
- Representative and Contact Number Boe Robbie - 406.855.0051
- Kind and Sex Steer Calves
- Approx Head Count 85
- Base Weight 610
- Breeds or Color Percentages 90% red angus 10% black angus (1 CharX)
- Weight Variance Uneven (+/-15%-20%)
- Frame Size Medium
- Flesh Condition Medium
- Vaccinations Spring Shots & Fall Pre-Weaning Shots : Branding, May: vision 7, pyramid 5, and presponse hm ; September 9, vision 7, pyramid 5, and presponse HM ;
- Origin Home-Raised
- Feed Program On the cow, Grazing on regrowth hay meadows
- Location Ranch corrals, 13 miles west of Wilsall, MT; which is 134 miles West of Billings, MT
- Weighing Conditions AM Gather, Weigh on the ground with 2% Shrink
- Lot # 3
- System ID # 454952
- End Date
- Start Date
- 549 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.