If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
Park City, MT - Steer Calves
75 Head Black & Red Angus at 680 Lbs, Deliver October 24th
- Sold Winning Bid: $142.00
- 6 Bid(s) View Bid History
- High Bidder: Davis, SD
- 885 Page Views
The Heavy Cut of some great quality calves from our local area. Primarily Black/BWF witha few BIG Red Baldies as well. May be a few crossbred hereford colorations but they are of the best kind and quality. The Big calves are often early born and though last year was much more favorable calving conditions, the possibility of some frosted/nipped ears is very likely. Any hard frozen ears or tails will be rejected. Big cut of calves mostly come from:
- Don Lorash with some Big Framed Black Baldies showing off the power of crossbreeding good angus cows with a powerful Hereford Bull. These calves have weighed up to 700 on some good years.
- Paul & Dale Mager's calves 15-25 head will be WEANED, quality black Angus and a few baldies that will grow well over 1400!
- David Gilbert's calves will be high growth with lots of genetic power. Most of these calves are Mid March born, ran on river bottom ground and the bulk of them will weigh up against 700.
These lots are made up from a Pool of 11 or fewer producers in the local area to build loads of similar kind & quality cattle. Producers have pre-consigned a certain number of calves with their historical weight numbers. Our reps having seen or worked with many of these calves in the past. Many times we see smaller groups of calves being of higher quality than many of the Big herds across the state. These producers take great care and pride in their calves and the quality shows through.
These lots will be delivered in by producers ranging in distance from 20 miles to 100 miles to the ConneXion Feedlot and weighed straight on arrival. Calves will be sorted for size and grouped with other similar sized cattle.
- All calves will have their Fall Pre-Weaning Shots.
- Calves across all classes will be primarily Black or Red Angus, a percentage ~ up to 25-33% will be Hereford sired resulting in Black-White Faces, Reds, Red-White Faces and a small handful of Hereford coloration.
- All Classes (aprox 600 head TOTAL combined strs and hfrs) may have a percentage of continental cross from Simmental (70 head combined) or Limousine (90 combined) and possibly Charolais (10 or Less combined).
- Representative and Contact Number Boe Robbie - 406.855.0051 OR Scott Robbie - 406.855.0534
- Kind and Sex Steer Calves
- Approx Head Count 75
- Base Weight 680
- Breeds or Color Percentages 70-75% Black/BWF 25-30% Red/RWF, may be a few CharX
- Weighing Conditions Calves hauled in 30 to 150 miles to the Scale, Weigh on the ground Straight.
- Weight Variance Uneven (+/-15%-20%)
- Frame Size Large
- Flesh Condition Medium
- Vaccinations Spring Shots & Fall Pre-Weaning Shots
- Origin Home-Raised from multiple producers
- Feed Program On the cow, Grazing on native dryland pasture
- Location ConneXion Feedlot at Park City, MT; 25 Miles West of Billings, MT
- Lot # 6
- System ID # 457323
- End Date
- Start Date
- 885 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.