If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
55 Head Black Angus Bred Heifers at 800 lbs Ship ~March 10
- Sold Winning Bid: $1,100.00
- 1 Bid(s) View Bid History
- High Bidder: Glasgow, MT
- 1243 Page Views
This is a moderate framed set of Bred Heifers. Weighed 800 at the end of the day after being gathered in the morning, worked and stood most of the day.
A great quality set of mother cows and a REAL HERD DISPERSION!
More than 80% of the cows are Home-Raised from the ranch, though the owners have purchased some cows over the years for expansion. Cows are all Natural Service bred to Sires from Redland Angus in Worland, WY, Sinclair Cattle Co. in WY and Oxbow Ranch in Wolf Creek, MT.
The Ranch has been selecting sires for more moderate framed cows with the greatest emphasis on maternal traits. Cows are functional and sire programs are selected for raising cattle under real conditions developed for longevity and balanced in all traits.
Bull Turn in date was the 4th of July with projected calving dates from April 15 thru June 15. All the late calvers after June 15 were culled earlier. Cows are on a good Nutrition program, during the Winter time they get supplemental hay as needed but otherwise are running outside and winter grazing with Free-Choice Access to mineral.
This Ranch is GAP Certified and has retained ownership on its calves all the way to finish. The late calving dates are by design to develop a calf that is the prefect size and condition to turn out on grass the following summer. After running the yearlings over the summer, they ship their cattle to the feedlots and retain ownership throughout. You can be sure these calves will perform because the ranch would rather keep them all the way through than sell them!
Feed Data on the calves to come!
- Representative and Contact Number Boe Robbie - 406.855.0051
- Kind and Sex Bred Heifers
- Approx Head Count 55
- Base Weight 800
- Approximate Shipping Date Wednesday, March 10, 2021
- Breeds or Color Percentages 100% Black Angus
- Weighing Conditions Bred Cattle Weighed Straight at Buyer's Option
- Weight Variance Uneven (+/-15%-20%)
- Frame Size Small
- Flesh Condition Light Flesh / Green
- Vaccinations Preg-Guard Booster and Poured in the Fall.
- Origin 100% Home Raised
- Feed Program Running out, Grazing on native dryland pasture, Fed Long-stem Hay as needed
- Location 20 miles South of Great Falls, MT
- Readable Tattoo 100% Legible
- Calving Dates April 15th - June 15th
- Breeding Method and Sires Natural Service to Redland Angus, Sinclair Cattle Co., Oxbow Angus LBW Bulls
- Pregnancy Check and Date Palpated February 24 by Dr. Cale Beornstead DVM; Indian Hammer Vet Service
- Lot # 3
- System ID # 517112
- End Date
- Start Date
- 1243 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.