If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
Harlem, MT - 5-8 YO Bred Cows
116 Hd 95% Black Angus/BWF, 5% Red/RWF at 1350 lbs, Ship Nov 23
- Sold Winning Bid: $1,200.00
- 14 Bid(s) View Bid History
- High Bidder: Rock Rapids, IA
- 1248 Page Views
This Lot is the largest group of Coming 5-8 YO Cows. They are 4 to 7 years old right now but will be 5-8 YO when they have the next calf. There are 116 head already Pre-sorted and Preg Checked. Any lesser quality cows will have already culled themselves off by this time in their life, especially given the past few years have been harder than most. 5 Head are Red or Red White-Faced, 11-12 are Black White-Faced. Sell as-is. If any cows are lame, sick, lumped, or injured by day of shipping they will be sorted off.
The majority of the cow herd is Black Angus with some more obvious Hereford blood in their past. About 50% are Home-Raised. One of the sons acquired more land and purchased more cows in the past 2 years from local ranches, a majority of which came from another dispersion sale. The video I feel does a great job showing the flesh condition of the cows. They were test weighed on November 9th and weighed 1351 lbs. Given the extreme drought conditions, these cows are in good shape and have been well cared for.
All Cows will all calve in 30 Days! From May 1 to June 1. They are bred to sires from Pahl Black Angus, Master Black Angus (both local Northern Montana Angus breeders), as well as a few Tillman Red Angus Bulls, so there will most likely be a fraction of the calves that will be red-hided. These programs were selected because of their calving easiness primarily with attention paid to Carcass traits like Ribeye size and depth of rib.
- Kind and Sex Coming 5-8 YO Bred Cows
- Sex Cows
- Approx Head Count 116
- Base Weight 1350
- Approximate Shipping Date Tuesday, November 23, 2021
- Breeds or Color Percentages 95% Black Angus (5% BWF), 5% Red/RWF
- Vaccinations Fall Shots: Virashield 6 VL5 Oct 30
- Origin 50% Home-Raised, 50% Purchased Local Ranches
- Feed Program Running Out, Grazing Regrowth, fed long hay.
- Location Ranch Corrals 9 miles West of Harlem, MT
- Readable Tattoo 100% Legible
- Calving Dates May 1 to June 1 (30 days)
- Breeding Method and Sires Natural Service Bred to Master Black Angus, Pahl Black Angus and Tillman Red Angus Bulls.
- Pregnancy Check and Date Oct 30 by Dr. Brock Aiton DVM
- Weighing Conditions Weighed at Buyer's Option, Test weighed straight on Nov 9 at 1351 lbs on 116 head
- Feature Dispersion
- Lot # 1003
- System ID # 597222
- End Date
- Start Date
- 1248 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.