If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
Harlem, MT - 9-11 YO Bred Cows
84 Hd 95% Black Angus/BWF, 5% Red/RWF at 1320 lbs, Ship Nov 23
- Sold Winning Bid: $725.00
- 7 Bid(s) View Bid History
- High Bidder: Gruver, TX
- 1936 Page Views
This Lot is the older set of Cows. They are 8-10 years old right now but will be 9-11 YO when they have the next calf. There are 84 head already Pre-sorted and Preg Checked. Most of these cows are still good shape to make a few more years but there is an end of them that will be Short-Term cows. 2 Head are Red or Red White-Faced, 8-9 are Black White-Faced. Sell as-is. If any cows are lame, sick, lumped, or injured by day of shipping they will be sorted off.
AGE BREAKDOWN: Mouthed and confirmed by Veterinarian -
- 52 Head SOLID MOUTH
- 29 Head Broken Mouth
- 3 Smooth Mouth
The majority of the cow herd is Black Angus with some more obvious Hereford blood in their past. About 50% are Home-Raised. One of the sons acquired more land and purchased more cows in the past 2 years from local ranches, a majority of which came from another dispersion sale. The video I feel does a great job showing the flesh condition of the cows. They were test weighed on November 9th and weighed 1322 lbs. Given the extreme drought conditions, these cows are in good shape and have been well cared for.
All Cows will all calve in 30 Days! From May 1 to June 1. They are bred to sires from Pahl Black Angus, Master Black Angus (both local Northern Montana Angus breeders), as well as a few Tillman Red Angus Bulls, so there will most likely be a fraction of the calves that will be red-hided. These programs were selected because of their calving easiness primarily with attention paid to Carcass traits like Ribeye size and depth of rib.
- Kind and Sex Coming 5-8 YO Bred Cows
- Approx Head Count 84
- Base Weight 1320
- Approximate Shipping Date Tuesday, November 23, 2021
- Breeds or Color Percentages 95% Black Angus (10% BWF), 5% Red/RWF
- Weighing Conditions Weighed at Buyer's Option, Test weighed straight on Nov 9 at 1322 lbs on 84 head
- Vaccinations Fall Shots: Virashield 6 VL5 Oct 30
- Origin 50% Home-Raised, 50% Purchased Local Ranches
- Feed Program Running Out, Grazing Regrowth, fed long hay.
- Location Ranch Corrals 9 miles West of Harlem, MT
- Readable Tattoo 100% Legible
- Calving Dates May 1 to June 1 (30 days)
- Breeding Method and Sires Natural Service Bred to Master Black Angus, Pahl Black Angus and Tillman Red Angus Bulls.
- Pregnancy Check and Date Oct 30 by Dr. Brock Aiton DVM
- Feature Dispersion
- Lot # 1004
- System ID # 597851
- End Date
- Start Date
- 1936 Page Views