If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
Edgar, MT - Weaned Steers
100 Head 80/20% Black/Red at 650 Lbs, Ship Jan 25
- Final Price: $165.00
The IX Ranch is a large cow/calf operation in Northern Montana supporting over 3,500 mother cows. The IX Ranch is BQA certified and the 2020 BQA Cow Calf Operation of the Year. Therefore, they take pride in raising an animal that has been well cared for and is ready to go to work.
The ranch sends the young end of the entire steer calf crop to Centana Feedlot at Edgar, MT to background. This year Approximately 365 head were brought to the feedlot. Weaned in September.
This set of steers is the light end sort out of 365 head. 145 head in the light end sorted for size. Another 40 or so head will come off to make a BIG load. Test weighed at 553 lbs net on December 22nd. These steers will be good quality and just need a little more time to grow! Fed a grower ration to gain 2.5-2.8 lbs per day. They are big country cattle and are a little flighty in the sorting alley.
Our selection criteria when choosing sires is to pay keen attention to muscling, scrotal size, feet and bone structure. We also use $Ranch and $Profit indexes formulated by Leachman's of Colorado.
- Avg $Ranch = $54.95;
- Avg $Profit = $11,905
The IX Ranch has purchased Leachman Stabilizer composite bulls from Leachman's of Colorado for over 12 years. We select sires for moderate weight and frame score cows. Our average mature cow weight is 1238 lbs and we select sires no bigger than frame score 6.
- Kind and Sex Weaned Steers
- Sex Steers
- Sell Per $CWT
- Approx Head Count 100
- Base Weight 650
- Approximate Shipping Date Tuesday, January 25, 2022
- Breeds or Color Percentages Leachman Stabilizer; 80% Black Hided, 20% Red with few BWF/RWF - (few small nub horns)
- Weight Variance Uneven (+/-15%-20%)
- Frame Size Medium - Estimated Finish 1350+ lbs
- Flesh Condition Medium
- Quality Choice
- Health Program Post Weaning Booster Vaccinations
- Vaccinations Feedlot Receiving: Inforce 3, OneShot BVD, Vision 7 Somnus, Safeguard; Nov 11: Titanium 3 Booster, Revalor Implant
- Weaned Weaned 90+ Days
- Origin 100% Ranch-Raised
- Feed Program In Feedlot Pen, Fed a grower ration to gain 2.5+ ADG
- Location Centana Feedlot, 3 miles West of Edgar MT
- Weighing Conditions AM Gather, Weigh on the Ground with a 3% Shrink
- Slide $0.10 Slide
- Item # 624797
- Qty Available 0
- End Date
- Start Date
- 1207 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.