If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
Edgar, MT - Weaned Heifers
233 Head 80/20% Black/Red at 680 Lbs, Ship Feb 24
- Final Price: $151.00
The IX Ranch is a large cow/calf operation in Northern Montana supporting over 3,500 mother cows. The IX Ranch is BQA certified and the 2020 BQA Cow Calf Operation of the Year. Therefore, they take pride in raising an animal that has been well cared for and is ready to go to work.
The ranch sends the entire heifer calf crop to Centana Feedlot at Edgar, MT to background. This year Approximately 1500 head were brought to the feedlot. The ranch takes approximately 625 replacement heifers.
This set of heifers is the light end sort out of 880 head. 485 head in the light end sorted for size. We'll take about a 5% sort to make 6 loads of 53k-55k lbs. Test weighed at 545 lbs net on December 21st. These heifers have a lot of quality and just need a little more time to grow! Fed a grower ration to gain ~ 2.25 lbs per day. They are big country cattle and are a little flighty in the sorting alley.
Our selection criteria when choosing sires is to pay keen attention to muscling, scrotal size, feet and bone structure. We also use $Ranch and $Profit indexes formulated by Leachman's of Colorado.
- Avg $Ranch = $54.95;
- Avg $Profit = $11,905
The IX Ranch has purchased Leachman Stabilizer composite bulls from Leachman's of Colorado for over 12 years. We select sires for moderate weight and frame score cows. Our average mature cow weight is 1238 lbs and we select sires no bigger than frame score 6.
- Kind and Sex Feeder Heifers
- Sex Heifers
- Approx Head Count 233
- Base Weight 680
- Approximate Shipping Date Thursday, February 24, 2022
- Breeds or Color Percentages Leachman Stabilizer; 80% Black Hided, 20% Red with few BWF/RWF - (few small nub horns)
- Weight Variance Uneven (+/-15%-20%)
- Frame Size Medium - Estimated Finish 1250+ lbs
- Flesh Condition Medium
- Quality Choice
- Health Program Post Weaning Booster Vaccinations
- Vaccinations Feedlot Receiving: Inforce 3, OneShot BVD, Vision 7 Somnus, Safeguard; Dec 13: Titanium 3 Booster, Revalor H Implant
- Weaned Weaned 90+ Days
- Origin 100% Ranch-Raised
- Feed Program In Feedlot Pen, Fed a grower ration to gain 2.25+ ADG
- Location Centana Feedlot, 3 miles West of Edgar MT
- Readable Tattoo No
- Weighing Conditions AM Gather, Weigh on the Ground with a 3% Shrink
- Slide $0.10 Slide
- Item # 626575
- Qty Available 0
- End Date
- Start Date
- 448 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.