If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
Big Sandy, MT - Steer Calves
Light Weight Calves Shipping in September!
- Final Price: $238.00
Here's some calves that are light and will ship in a great time period before the big rush!
The IX Ranch is a large cow/calf operation in Northern Montana supporting over 3,500 mother cows. Naturally the cow herd is spread out over a vast area. These calves will be born in the second cycle and will ship earlier due to feed costs and availability. ~115 calves, both steers and heifers, will be located on a ranch away from headquarters. These cattle will be weighed, sorted and loaded like usual, but then hauled to the main ranch HQ where the heifers will be offloaded and the rest of the steer load will be made from the same kind of cattle located near HQ. Call Boe for any questions.
This set of calves is the second cycle calves that are younger, and will ship in September.
Below is information from the Ranch Manager Richard Roth-
Our goals are to produce a healthy, uniform steer calf that weans 565 lbs. each fall. This animal must perform well in the feedlot as well as on the rail. Likewise, our heifer cows must perform as mothers. We strive to have a mature cow that weights no more than 1250 lbs., can winter on less than a ton of hay and breed back 94-96% in a 50-55 day breeding season. In order to attain these goals we utilize proven key performance indicators (ranchkpi.com) and the Leachman Cattle of Colorado $Profit™ indexing system.
The IX Ranch is BQA certified and the 2020 BQA Cow Calf Operation of the Year. Therefore, they take pride in raising an animal that has been well cared for and is ready to go to work. Our cattle are grazed on a contiguous operation with little to no interaction with neighboring cattle. IX cattle are healthy and have good immune systems while being able to react quickly to medication when needed.
Our number one selection criteria when choosing sires is disposition but we also pay keen attention to muscling, scrotal size, feet and bone structure. We also use $Ranch and $Profit indexes formulated by Leachman's of Colorado. Avg $Ranch = $54.95; Avg $Profit = $11,905
The IX Ranch has purchased composite bulls from Leachman's of Colorado for over 12 years. We select sires for moderate weight and frame score cows. Our average mature cow weight is 1238 lbs and we select no sires bigger than a frame score 6. For more information on Leachman genetics please contact Lee Leachman at (970) 568-3983.
We offer free choice salt and mineral year-round to all our cattle. The mineral used is formulated based on summer and winter forage. Grass and Alfalfa hay, produced on our own ranch, is provided during the winter months to sustain a 5.5 BCS.
- Representative and Contact Number Boe Robbie 406.855.0051
- Kind and Sex Steer Calves
- Sell Per $CWT
- Approx Head Count 125
- Base Weight 435
- Net Weight 54,375
- Approximate Shipping Date Thursday, September 15, 2022
- Slide $0.16 Slide
- Breeds or Color Percentages 80% Black/BWF, 20% Red RWF
- Weighing Conditions AM Gather, Weigh on the ground with 2% Shrink. Ship from 2 Locations, BPS Ranch to Big Sandy to fill out the load.
- Weight Variance Very Uneven (+/- 25%)
- Frame Size Medium - Estimated Finish 1350+ lbs
- Flesh Condition Medium
- Quality Choice
- Health Program Calfhood Vac. Only
- Vaccinations Steers received Ralgro at Branding all calves received Bovilis, Ultrabac 8, Inforce 3
- Weaned Not Weaned
- Value Added Program Beef Quality Assurance Certified Program
- Origin 100% Ranch-Raised
- Feed Program On the cow, Grazing on Native Dryland Pasture
- Location 5 miles E of Big Sandy, MT
- Comments Ship from 2 locations: Buyer's truck hauls calves 60 miles from BPS Ranch to IX HQ Ranch to fill out with steers.
- Item # 696841
- Qty Available 0
- End Date
- Start Date
- 1963 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.