If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
Great Falls, MT - 12-13 YO Cows
Program cattle from a reputation Herd! Herd Reduction
- Final Price: $1,050.00
We are committed to moderate sized cattle with excellent dispositions. These are easy going, gentle cows, that have been handled with care and low-stress handling techniques. We are certified in the Beef Care program through IMI Global.
We have gradually moved our calving dates back in order to capture advantages of green grass turnout and breeding in optimum, natural conditions. This has proved to be a successful strategy with steers weaning in the 620# range and heifers in the 600# range...even with the later spring calving dates. The same buyers have not bought our calves every year, but they have been involved in the bidding process giving us a price advantage due to their repeat interest in our calves.
Disease and death loss have decreased, as expected, with pasture calving. Cows are easy calvers - troublesome cows have been culled out of the herd - a necessity with the commitment to pasture calving.
The ranch uses the CattleMax record keeping program and we have complete records for weights, health, financials, genetics going back almost 10 years. One of the ranch owners is a large animal veterinarian and guides our vaccination protocol.
Pribyl Ranch is a 4th generation, heritage ranch located in the foothills of the Little Belt Mountains. Cattle range in both prairie and mountain terrains. We have been able to stretch additional years out of our older cows with attention to cattle care and herd health. The ability to stretch additional years out of our older cows has made us money.
The dry years have caught up with us and we are facing the need to reduce our numbers due to both drought and labor shortages. You'll find these cattle to be good quality, healthy, gentle cows. Any cattle we wouldn't want to keep ourselves have been culled and sold at auction.
In spite of drought conditions, we are in good grass country. Cattle are on grass from June to December with protein supplementation in the fall winter months. Our cattle are on a year-round salt mineral program using Payback Ultramin and (before and during calving) Ultramin with Bio-Mos. From about January to May, cattle are on hay rations with good quality hay and protein/mineral supplementation. Throughout the year, cattle are on developed, clean water sources as well as quality range and forage. Calves are sold NHT and Natural so all supplementation products have been verified as required by the programs. Hay is tested annually and we have completed thorough water and range forage testing in order to match our mineral supplementation to water, range, & forage quality.
- Representative and Contact Number Scott Robbie 406.855.0534
- Kind and Sex Short Term Bred Cows
- Sell Per Head
- Approx Head Count 30
- Base Weight 1370
- Approximate Shipping Date Wednesday, December 28, 2022
- Breeds or Color Percentages 100% Black Angus
- Weight Variance Uneven (+/- 20%)
- Frame Size Medium Frame - Mature Cow WT 1275-1375
- Flesh Condition Medium
- Quality Choice
- Vaccinations Vaccination protocol using Vista Once SQ, Vision 7, Bova Shield Gold, Bova Shield 6+VL5, Nasalgen, Staybred, Scour Bos, Bangs vaccinated, Fusogard, & parasite controls rotating Ivermax, Safeguard, Cleanup II
- Origin 95% Home-Raised, 5% purchased
- Feed Program Running out, Grazing winter pasture
- Location 25 S of Great Falls, MT
- Ages Coming 12-13 YOs
- Readable Tattoo No
- Calving Dates March 27-June 9
- Breeding Method and Sires Apex Angus bulls, Granger Angus bulls, Connelly Angus bulls
- Pregnancy Check and Date Will Preg Check Prior to delivery
- Breeding Stock Tags Bred Cows,Broken Mouth Cows,Short Term Cows,Spring Calvers,Natural Service Sired (Bull Bred),Charolais Sired
- Item # 782329
- Qty Available 0
- End Date
- Start Date
- 506 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.