If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
Edgar, MT - Feeder Steers
Nice set of feeder steers with plenty left in the tank!
- Final Price: $183.50
The IX Ranch is a large cow/calf operation in Northern Montana supporting over 3,500 mother cows. The IX Ranch is BQA certified and the 2020 BQA Cow Calf Operation of the Year. Therefore, they take pride in raising an animal that has been well cared for and is ready to go to work.
The ranch sends the young end of the entire steer calf crop to Centana Feedlot at Edgar, MT to background.
Sorted for size and quality to be a powerful set of feeders. Test weighed at 609 lbs net on December 2nd. Fed a grower ration to gain 2.25 lbs per day. 195 head in the pen, very few that will need to come out. They are big country cattle and are a little flighty in the sorting alley.
Our number one selection criteria when choosing sires is disposition but we also pay keen attention to muscling, scrotal size, feet and bone structure. We also use $Ranch and $Profit indexes formulated by Leachman's of Colorado.
- Avg $Ranch = $54.95;
- Avg $Profit = $11,905
The IX Ranch has purchased Leachman Stabilizer composite bulls from Leachman's of Colorado for over 12 years. We select sires for moderate weight and frame score cows. Our average mature cow weight is 1238 lbs and we select sires no bigger than frame score 6.
- Representative and Contact Number Boe Robbie - 406.855.0051
- Kind and Sex Feeder Steers
- Sex Steers
- Sell Per $CWT
- Approx Head Count 192
- Base Weight 680
- Net Weight 129,200
- Approximate Shipping Date Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- Breeds or Color Percentages Leachman Stabilizer; 80% Black Hided, 20% Red with few BWF/RWF - (few small nub horns)
- Weight Variance Fairly Even (+/- 15%)
- Frame Size Medium - Estimated Finish 1350+ lbs
- Flesh Condition Medium
- Quality Choice
- Health Program Post Weaning Booster Vaccinations
- Weaned Weaned 90+ Days
- Origin 100% Ranch-Raised
- Feed Program In Feedlot Pen, Fed a grower ration to gain 2.5+ ADG
- Location Centana Feedlot, 3 miles West of Edgar MT
- Weighing Conditions AM Gather, Weigh on the Ground with a 3% Shrink
- Slide $0.10 Slide
- Feeder Cattle Tags Feeder / Yearling,Steers,Conventionals,Single Source Origin
- Item # 788771
- Qty Available 0
- End Date
- Start Date
- 238 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.