If on a mobile device, turn your phone sideways for the best view of all the information below.
Sterling, CO - Bred Heifers
Premium Gals! Disposition, Fertility, Pelvic sized for calving ease, longevity!
- Final Price: $1,900.00
These are front-end Red Angus heifers from a top quality outfit! Everything is managed correctly in this cow herd. The Bred Heifers are selling due to drought. They are gentle and ready to go to work. Pelvic sized at bangs vaccinations to ensure minimum calving issues. These heifers will calve on their own with minimal input and have the condition!
Would prefer to sell them in 55 & 15 head groups.
Our cows are a source of pride for us, we have a reputation herd and have sold GAP4 calves on Superior video for the last two years. Before that we were typically in the top 1% of our marketing at the local sale barn for calf price.
Replacement Heifers Retained from herd based on pelvic measurement ability to breed in one heat cycle on heifers and disposition. Fertility is our main selection. Factor followed closely by mature cow size. Sizing helps to prevent calving issues.
Our cows are easy to handle, respect hot wire, and Barbwire fences. Culled for generations for fertility and disposition. We are looking to sell them because we have had a drought for two years and we don't have any more grass. We've survived two years of bad dry weather and a big range fire.
Cows are a forage-based herd we rotationally graze native grass in the summer and cornstalks and stockpiled feed in the winter with supplement protein as needed and supplement feed If we get snow cover. our cows are fed very little supplemental feed, weather permitting, and are very easy keeping in a moderate climate in northeast Colorado
- Representative and Contact Number Boe Robbie - 406.855.0051
- Kind and Sex Red Angus Bred Heifers
- Sell Per Head
- Approx Head Count 70
- Base Weight 1025
- Net Weight 70,250
- Approximate Shipping Date Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Breeds or Color Percentages 100% Red Angus
- Weight Variance Fairly Even (+/- 15%)
- Frame Size Medium Frame - Mature Cow WT 1275-1375
- Flesh Condition Medium
- Quality FANCY
- Vaccinations 5-Way Modified Live & 7-Way with PregGuard
- Origin 100% Ranch-Raised
- Feed Program Running out on corn stalks and fed long hay
- Location Ranch Corrals 7 miles North of Sterling, CO
- Ages Bred heifers
- Readable Tattoo 100% Legible
- Calving Dates March 15 for 45 Days
- Breeding Method and Sires Natural Service Bred to Wilson Red Angus
- Pregnancy Check and Date Ultrasound in Late October. 45 Day calving period. Will Preg Again prior to shipping
- Breeding Stock Tags Bred Heifers,Spring Calvers,Natural Service Sired (Bull Bred),Red Angus
- Item # 796581
- Qty Available 0
- End Date
- Start Date
- 962 Page Views
There are no questions for this listing.